Marc P. Barmat
Marc P. Barmat, a partner in the firm, focuses his practice on bankruptcy and commercial litigation. A panel trustee for the U.S. Trustee Program for the Southern District of Florida, Mr. Barmat regularly acts as trustee in Chapter 7 cases throughout the region. He primarily represents debtors and trustees in a wide range of consumer and business bankruptcy matters.
As a trustee's attorney and debtor's attorney, Mr. Barmat initiates and defends legal proceedings in bankruptcy court including, fraudulent and preferential transfers and objections to discharge of debt.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Barmat practiced in the area of legal malpractice defense. His extensive background in commercial litigation, including defending foreclosure and collection actions as well as breach of contract matters, provides an in-depth understanding of the complexities of bankruptcy law.
Professionally active, Mr. Barmat serves on the Board of Directors of the National Association of Bankruptcy Trustees and contributes as an author on bankruptcy matters for the American Bankruptcy Trustee Journal and monthly newsletter of the Palm Beach County Bar Association. He also is involved in numerous professional associations and provides pro bono legal services to various community organizations.
Paralegal – Nancy Dixon – email@example.com – 561-417-1579.
Areas of Practice
- Commercial Litigation
- Florida, 1994
- New Jersey, 1994
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Florida
- California Western School of Law, San Diego, California
- J.D. - 1994
- Honors: Pro Bono Honor Society
- Law Review: California Western Law Review, Staff Editor
- Pennsylvania State University, University Park, Pennsylvania
- B.S. - 1990
Professional Associations and Memberships
- National Association of Bankruptcy Trustees
- Palm Beach County Bar Association
- South Palm Beach County Bar Association, (Board of Directors, former)
- South Palm Beach County Bar Association, Bankruptcy Committee
- Bankruptcy Bar Association for the Southern District of Florida
- The Florida Bar, Business Law Section
- Fifteenth Judicial Circuit Grievance Committee, (Former)
- American Bar Association bar & Court Admissions